My employer has been offering free health and wellness screenings for employees this month so I jumped on the chance to get everything checked out. While I’ll never be a fan of the pin prick to the finger, it’s a necessary evil to really see where you’re at.
My weight, body fat and BMI should be no surprise since those get measured every week at the gym right now but here’s how the rest of the bloodwork came out…
- Total Cholesterol – 144 (should be under 200)
- HDL – 42 (should be above 40)
- LDL – 85 (should be below 100)
- Triglycerides – 88 (should be below 150)
- Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio – 3.4 (should be below 4.0)
- Glucose – 81 (should be below 100)
So it looks like I’m fit as a fiddle and will live to fight another day! My cholesterol has always been very low for some reason. In fact, I think 144 is the highest it’s measured in a while (it’s been down in the 130s before). I guess I can thank good genetics!